Saturday, June 23, 2012

Surprise Birthday

I've been tricked this year!!! Oh gosh, I'm usually among the one who plan surprises for people. And this time, I'm the one getting surprise.
Well.... It happened on my birthday eve. We "supposed" to go out because Lingli wanted to belanja us as a token of appreciation for planning a surprise party on her special day. It crossed my mind that they will celebrate my birthday during our makan outing. Lingli came to my house around 1.15 pm saying that we have to wait for Cherylyn, as she will be meeting us as my place before we carpool to town.

Wait punya wait, suddenly heard somebody bagi salam at my neighbour's house. At 1st I just ignore the voice (I'm not the busybody type of neighbour..ok). Lingli somehow made me go and checkout whose the one bagi salam as she knew that my neighbour is not a Muslim. Suddenly, Jasmine jumped out and shouted SURPRISE!!!!!! Followed by a group of girls, each of them holding so many things (plastics & shopping bags) macam baru balik from shopping or pasar malam. I'm really speechless.

It's a potluck party, everyone was in charge to bring something and crash my place. LOL.
From the way they work, showed that it was a properly planned surprise yo (It was confirmed, they had well-planned the party. The middleman/woman between them and my mum was my cousin. I really had no idea bout this). Everyone was working efficiently, they know their tasks on that day very well. O.O 

Girls busy carrying out their tasks.

Foodie~~ 

They even brought props for the party. 
It was very simple and homey feeling party. I'm so touched because they really spent their time preparing most of the food. Everyone was enjoying themselves albeit my house was quite warm  that day.

Me and my delicious home bake birthday cake/tart. Thanks Cherylyn.

Yam Seng!!!!
Accounting people will always think to use resources efficiently duh... hahaa.
Why do I say so?? Coz even the plastic table cover that they brought was being fully utilized. It ended up becoming a huge birthday card for me. Everyone jotted down their greetings on it. A creative way not to waste the beautiful plastic cover right???

Jotting down their greetings.
I've been asked to complete a 25 pieces hand drawn puzzle duh.. They really timed me. And guess what, I think I held the "Slowest 25 pieces puzzle solver award" with a recorded time of  6 mins 53 sec. =.="

Yay!! Finally completed the puzzle.

My birthday presents. A mini garden. ^^

Group picture.. Thanks everyone.
Apart from the party, thanks to my aunt for my birthday present & my dearest friend, Vriesia, for treating me dinner. Really appreciate your kindness. I'm so grateful to be surrounded with great people. May all of you will be blessed with good returns.
Love you all. ^^

5 comments:

vee-sia said...

^__^ ur welcome... haha finally ee lin got her surprise b'day party that she deserves! hahaha~

blogging from KL eh? hope to hear more from u soon.c ^__^ all d best ee lin!

Elaine said...

Ya, I'm blogging from KL. Thanks vsia. ^^

Wann said...

Nice birthday surprise to you...potluck is always fun!! =D

Elaine said...

Evelyn: Yup. Really had fun. ^^

Anonymous said...

色聊聊天室 , 色聊聊天室 , 色聊聊天室 , 色聊聊天室 , 色聊聊天室 , 色聊聊天室 , 色聊聊天室 , 色聊聊天室 , 色聊聊天室 , 色聊聊天室